Wildlife-Friendly Business Kaua‘i
The Wildlife-Friendly Business (WFB) Kaua‘i Program aims to support and amplify conservation-minded businesses. This is a great opportunity to support the protection of native wildlife while also promoting your business! The Hawai‘i Wildlife Center (HWC) is accepting enrollment contributions by request of the Kaua‘i Wildlife Coalition to support wildlife rescue and hospital operations. Annual membership is $200, with a discount for small businesses that have less than $300,000 in annual revenue.
WFB Members must agree to abide by three key guidelines: to not feed feral cats, to adhere to wildlife-friendly lighting guidelines, and to not release balloons. As a member of the WFB Program, you are publicly showing your commitment to the conservation and protection of Kaua‘i’s unique native wildlife through these actions.
Your enrollment contribution supports the medical treatment of native birds and bats at the Hawai‘i Wildlife Center. HWC’s mission is to protect, conserve, and aid in the recovery of Hawai‘i’s native wildlife through hands-on treatment, research, training, science education and cultural programs. Your contribution may be tax-deductible. Please consult with your tax advisor.
WFB Member Benefits
Businesses enrolled in the WFB Program:
- Will be listed and mapped on the KauaiWildlife.org Wildlife-Friendly Business page. This is to help direct customers to Wildlife-Friendly Businesses!
- Will be promoted on the Kaua‘i Wildlife Coalition Facebook page
- Will have the support of the Kaua‘i Wildlife Coalition, who will be available to you as resource and may make periodic site visits
- Receive an official Wildlife-Friendly Business window cling to display proudly
- Will be provided with a link to download the WFB logo for your marketing materials, website, and more.
- Are able to share with customers and supporters that YOUR business is supporting the protection of native wildlife!